Having a Book Hangover Without Realizing It

Greetings and salutations,

  Book Hangovers: The inability to start a new book because you are still living in the old book’s world. Every reader has experienced this at least once and usually has us being like:


However, today I realized that I’ve had a book hangover for quite a while and I haven’t even realized it. It’s been so long that I’m wondering if this hangover has developed into a (dare I say it?) Reading slump.


  It started in November when I decided to re-read Vengeance Road in preparation for Retribution Rails. I absolutely loved that book and consider it to be one of my favorite books. I got through it pretty quickly and immediately went on to read the companion novella, Kate and Jesse, which I also loved dearly. I then moved on to the sequel, Retribution Rails, which I thought was pretty good despite not liking it as much as Vengeance Road or Kate and Jesse.

  I finished Retribution Rails about a month ago and since then I have picked up a couple of other books and attempted to read them, never getting through more than a chapter or two in them. When I was reading I kept thinking about the Wild West and Kate and Jesse (Reese sunk into my thoughts a few times too). I didn’t think too much of the thoughts until this morning when I was putting the book I’m currently trying to read in my bag and thinking, again, about Vengeance Road. That’s when it hit me that Vengeance Road has left me with a hangover.

  The thing about this book hangover however, is that it wasn’t like any hangover I had experienced before now. This one didn’t leave me on the floor clinging to the book for hours in the fetal position. This one snuck in like a thief in the night and was very subtle. It just leaves me constantly thinking about the book and with a strong desire to re-read it again for the third time. Even, as I write this post my mind is on Vengeance Road.

Have any of you experienced a book hangover like this before? What did you do about it if you have? Let me know in the comments below. 

                                                                                                Sincerely,
                                                                                                            Me



Comments

Popular Posts